God, help us do our best and be examples for the rest. Help us live our faith today and be with us as we play. Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Pray for Us.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help participates in a variety of sports year round. Our athletic program is designed to nurture the growth of individual children in a faith-filled atmosphere. Students will have the opportunity to improve their physical athleticism, learn team building skills, develop confidence in their abilities, and through their participation in athletics become a well-rounded individual.
1. Please don’t coach your child from the sidelines.
During a game, your OLPH athlete should only be listening to instructions from their coaches.
2. Please don't get into a public confrontation with another parent, the officials or the coaches.
One of the main goals of youth sports is to teach your children the value of sportsmanship. As their parent, it is your duty to set a good example of what a “good sport” looks like.
3. Do your best to get your kids to practice/games on time.
Juggling the family schedule is no easy task, but as the parent you are the main method of transportation for your OLPH athlete.
4. Praise your athlete for what they do right. Don’t focus on what they did wrong.
Remember that OLPH sports focuses on learning the fundamentals of each sport. Your athletes are still learning and are going to make mistakes. Be Positive!
5. Remember that it’s just a game.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact your child is being ACTIVE!